I hope that the title of this post grabbed your attention.
This is a message to all of the concert-goers that go to see their favorite artists perform, but decide to whip out their cellphone to record the entire show. I have seen fans that literally watch the show through the screen. I think it's okay if you record one or two of your absolute favorite songs, but not the entire show.
I'll provide you a short list of good reasons why you should put down your phone, and enjoy the concert.
- The final video looks like crap, because it's still just a cellphone, and when the artists says, "Wave your hands side to side", you actually do it, so the video is now waving as well. ***blank stare
- The phone's microphone picks up the audio of the screaming fans around you.
- There are flailing arms/hands from the people in front of you.
- The artists want your attention.
- Some touring performances include "surprise" elements; your footage would spoil it for other cities on the tour.
- You just might miss something.
- While you're holding your cellphone up in the air, recording the show, there's a professional photographer behind you, trying to capture the artist. I assure you that your glowing cellphone is an obstruction. I admit, it does make for an interesting crowd shot, but for the most part, I hate it. Lol.